Jennifer's QuickBooks Corner

Covering QuickBooks, tax, other accounting issues, and other useful business items.

Published by Solid Rock Accounting Services
Jennifer A. Thieme, Certified QuickBooks ProAdvisor

Saturday, November 04, 2006

JoeyEA - Online Accounting Guru

I was so sad and shocked to hear of the passing of Joey Carstenson, aka JoeyEA. She died on Oct. 26.

I read quite a few online accounting forums, and I post occassionally, answering questions if I know the answer off the top of my head. This is how I came to know JoeyEA - well, I didn't know her personally, but knew of her through the accounting forums. Her name was everywhere, and sometimes we would reply to the same questions.

She was a prolific writer. I discovered that she posted close to 8,900 posts on two accounting forums alone! Imagine the thousands and thousands of people she impacted through those posts. She was always kind and patient too. As news spread of her passing, many others were shocked and saddened as well. As people expressed their sympathy, several common remarks about her arose: her incredible knowledge of accounting and taxation, her kindness, and her sense of humor. As I researched more about her, one fact I personally found very interesting is that she served as tech editor for the famous QuickBooks for Dummies books.

Joey was a backbone for the forums she wrote in. The online accounting community certainly suffered a loss when she passed. She will be missed very much. If you knew of her, won't you consider signing the online guest book her family has established? I think they need to know of the impact she had on the online accounting community. Here's the link:

http://www.legacy.com/PalmBeachPost/GB/GuestbookView.aspx?PersonId=19792171

I'm sure a few heartfelt sentences would be most appreciated.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home