Jennifer's QuickBooks Corner

Covering QuickBooks, tax, other accounting issues, and other useful business items.

Published by Solid Rock Accounting Services
Jennifer A. Thieme, Certified QuickBooks ProAdvisor

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Can't Clear Print Spooler in Windows XP

I had an unusual problem: a document got "hung-up" in my print spooler, and it would not print. It also would not allow other documents to print. I tried cancelling the document from the Printers & Faxes window, but it would not delete.

After searching the internet for answers, I found some instructions, but had to modify them. Here's what I did in case you are having the same problem:

Start > Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services > Print Spooler > Right Click > Stop

Turn off your printer.

Start > Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services > Print Spooler > Right Click > Start

Start > Printers & Faxes > Double Click on Your Printer > Printer > Cancel All Documents

Turn on your printer. You sould now be able to print a document.

Let me know if this works for you.

1 Comments:

At 7:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Worked for me. Thanks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home