Jennifer's QuickBooks Corner

Covering QuickBooks, tax, other accounting issues, and other useful business items.

Published by Solid Rock Accounting Services
Jennifer A. Thieme, Certified QuickBooks ProAdvisor

Sunday, November 25, 2007

QB Q&A: Password Lock-Out While Upgrading

Majutsu writes:

I am upgrading from QB 6.0 to QB2008. It's in a qbb file. 2008 recognizes the name of the company file, but not the password. I know I am putting in the correct password because it still works on 6.0.

The last time I tried to upgrade was with QB2005. I ran into the same problem then and thought it would have been fixed by now. QB 6.0 was only 7 years old at that time. It cannot be that the file format is outdated. Microsoft could never get away with not reading Office 97 formats.

What am I doing wrong? Is my 6.0 file too old? Thanks.

My reply:

Try changing the password in the old file. In fact, try eliminating the password altogether. Then make a new backup, and restore it to 2008. See if that works.

Majutsu writes back:

Wow, thanks. It worked! A few years back, the official Quickbooks support people told me to buy several older versions of QB and upgrade incrementally!

1 Comments:

At 9:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

台灣女藝人.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home